Saturday, March 27, 2010

Honey, I'm home!

After a suggestion from my friend, Seth, I decided to start a blog to improve my writing skills. What exactly I'll write about is a mystery, but I'm tossing up between a run-down of my week, a or a "This week in gaming news" blog since games are a huge part of my life and despite the bad rap they get, are incredibly interesting. Even a gaming review blog since I'm writing a review for Assassin's Creed 2, so look out for that, Internet!

And speaking of Assassin's Creed 2, who here has heard about the absurd DRM that Ubisoft has come up with? For those who haven't (although, if you haven't, you should probably crawl back under you internet-less rock) Ubisoft require new PC games like Assassin's Creed 2 to be connected to the internet while playing and if your connection drops, the game will pause until a connection can be re-established to a Ubisoft server then the game will continue. While I think that the idea is crazy, bonkers backwards, the problem can be easily rectified - Don't pirate. Although, I think the people who are working on a crack for DRM like this find it as a challenge, they're not doing anything to help the problem.

Anyway, I think that's enough from me for this evening.

~Rade.

3 comments:

  1. Even if DRM crackers don't help the problem, Ubisoft can suck it -- they shouldn't have crossed the line with such a heavy-handed 'solution'.

    -Lothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're taking a lead from Steam, I'd take issue with them first. But yeah, horrible idea >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ski: What do you mean? You can play all games offline as long as you've got your account information logged in. I've done it a tonne of times when I haven't had internet.

    ReplyDelete