Friday, May 7, 2010

OMG GRRL ON TEH INTERWEBS!!!!oneone!111

According to The Internet, I don’t exist. I am a figment of your imagination. Hi, my name is Adelaide, and I play videogames.

I wonder how the whole thing got started. I mean, who decided that girls don’t play games? Or that we don’t play games as well as boys. I could quite easily stand my ground against some blokes in Halo or L4D and do it regularly.

I’ll admit this “stereotype” isn’t really true. Most of my male friends just go along with it to annoy me, to which I shoot them in the back with a sticky grenade. But there are some (See Xbox Live) who quite ignorantly announce it and will do anything to muscle out a girl, especially when she’s 15 points ahead on Halo 3.

I pin it on jealously, and after being beaten by a girl, the emasculated feeling. As Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory once said, “She must be cheating. No girl can be that attractive and that good at videogames.”

3 comments:

  1. girl gamers are hot, well, hot ones anyway. if she can drive good and play guitar too, more hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A forum I use believes strongly in the fact that there are no girls on the internet. I find it hilarious, personally.

    One of the other admins proposed to his girlfriend, she said yes. He told myself and another person or two, but it was kept secret from the rest of the forum for a while.
    Long story short, his girlfriend started using the forum and made mention of the fact that she was female -- to which she received "OMG, you're a fucking liar"-styled replies. I pointed out that she was in fact female, but not how I knew.
    It was heaps funny at the time imo, but yeah -- proof is very important.

    ReplyDelete