Friday, April 30, 2010

Digital Date Night

Date night is a night most girls love because, it’s a great occasion to get dressed up, go out to the movies and dinner to spend time with their special person. But, as much as I love going out with my boyfriend, I don’t like doing it frequently. It’s expensive and labour intensive. I mean, there is a process. Shower, make-up, hair, dress, shoes. It can take 30 minutes, or 2 hours depending on who you are.

Date night in my eyes is staying inside, get into some comfy PJ’s and pick up a controller and play games with my Yoshi. (That’s right, my boyfriend has a gaming nickname.) We get the same satisfaction out of playing games together, even if he does have a horrible taste in first person shooters and it’s far less expensive because we can eat in, we save gas because only one of us has to drive to the others house, and we don’t spend $20 on movie tickets. Still, I’m a little worried. It sounds romantic in some ways, if you strip it down it starts sounding like we’re just two mates hanging out. People who don’t really know us have pointed it out. But because of our financial situation, we’re doing the best we can -- we love our digital date night.

2 comments:

  1. Ross and I do the exact same thing for the same reason (no moolah)!! But really if you are spending quality time together doing something that you both enjoy why would it not be a date??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares what others say. :P As long as you two are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete