Sunday, April 18, 2010

My friend steals my xbox, and then becomes a convert.

"Addie, you love me right?"
"May be, why?"
"Can I borrow the Sexbawks for a little while?"
"Why?"
"'cause..."


This is a conversation with my friend, who I’ll call Jerkface to protect his identity. He is on school holidays and has decided this week would be the week that he’d steal my beloved Xbox and play Assassin’s Creed 2.

What’s interesting about this is he’s a PC gamer, and by rights would be my enemy if the platform wars ever decided to break free of the internet. Also, I know he’s got money to buy the game. You know, he probably would if Ubisoft didn’t have that silly “Permanent connection to internet” DRM that’s been rubbing people the wrong way.

Anyway, I think I’m starting to slowly turn him towards way of thinking about console! He even thought about buying an Elite. Not that he’ll ever admit it. If he keeps following my lead, he’ll be swooning like a lady whenever Nathan Fillon is on Castle.

5 comments:

  1. Lol. :) I bet the only reason he holds a grudge against consoles is because, for the most part, this generation of consoles was very poorly released (ie, power cable issues with the Xbox, RROD, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only on the white consoles. The Elites were better. but not the lot of them are on par. RRoD rates have gone down dramatically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well yeah, RROD isn't such a problem *now*, but it was for a long time. :P And Microsoft and the Xbox brand got a really bad rap for it.
    My brother's 360 had HDD problems which induced a RROD, but he was stupid enough to not do something about it while he had warranty -- he ended up buying a new HDD and problem solved, though.

    I might buy and play Fable 2 sometime, just because the first one was a fair bit of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mm yes i love our elite!! its so so sexy!!

    hahahaha i'm so bad with nathan fillion in castle that i get the *squees* when ever that new ad comes on telly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more worried he calls it a sexbawks. I hope he wiped it off afterwards.

    ReplyDelete